Tuesday, April 12, 2011

touching !!

As I mentioned, men have not touch a women who is not with related with him. I don’t use to be touched by foreign women. When I came to the United States, I was nervous when a girl came next to me, or wanted to shake my hand. Back home men can only touch a colse relative women like, his mother, sister, grandma or niece. I didn’t spend a lot of time to explain that for a women want to shake my hand in the United States. All the women that I met accept that since it is a religion issue. It might be a strange thing, but this is the religion that I believe.

2 comments:

bbarrett said...

I liked reading your post Yaya. The cultural gap between our home countries is very different and I can not imagine the stress it put on you to adapt and help people understand why touching made you nervous and feel uncomfortable.

Yahya Sami said...

Thank you appreciate that.
yes I remember when I came here I was really uncomfortable that time, but now I used to be more uncomfortable than the past.
thanks again