Tuesday, April 26, 2011

sexual regulation in China

Sexual regulation is still considered a prohibited item to talk about in public. I remember when I was in 6th grade my class has to talk about sex my teacher made us read aloud the human sexual organs' regulations and uses. My classmates were very un-comfortable that they have to read it so for like 30 minutes no one stood up and read. It was a very awkward time. But my teacher didn't really mind, she just stood up their and waited patiently for someone to stand up and read the article. Finally someone stood up and read it, he was brave enough and we were proud of him.
When I just came to the states I felt like it was very okay and very normal for people to talk about sex. Around classrooms, in the cafeteria, etc. One time the girl who was sitting in front of me turned around and started a conversation about how last night was the better sex night. She would do this everyday, and sometimes even if my teacher hears it, they are not very bothered by it, thus it goes. Only there was one time at the math classroom in the morning a girl turned around and started a conversation about how she thinks that durgs is taking an affect of her lives, how she did drugs with her friends in the weekend, and that was the time that my teacher got annoyed and told her not to talk about that in her classroom.
I feel like sexual regulations have got a lot better since the 90s, there are more condoms on sale, people feel more okay talking about sexual regulations around the blog. pOEPLE, especially in big cities, can see other people handing out condoms and sexual pamphlets on in general, sexual regulations.

No comments: