Friday, April 15, 2011

Sports

One thing the world has in common is that people in every country have the same sports to love. In China, a lot of people love soccer. I can just hear all the yelling and cheering when a soccer game starts when I was in elementry school and all the boys in my class cheering for the game. There are some soccer fans here but I think most of them like football better. It is true that a lot of people in China love sports but I don't think they play sports as much. In high school and middle school, people are usually so stressed about school and getting good grades that they study most of the time, can get up at 2 in the morning to watch a soccer game, but don't play soccer that often -- since colleges are so hard to get in I guess. Some people use sports to get into the olympic team, or some top sports team like that in China. Thus sports become less of an entertainment than a competition. Same in the horiculture tribes such as the islanders. They do sports to train themselves, get competitive to prepare for an upcoming battle. Sports in US have a whole market for it. People love doing sports, go out for throwing, jogging, playing with their dogs etc, people love go watch sports also. They find companionships and entertainment in sports, a time to relax other than a time for training. I love soccer but only in watching it, I don't even know how to kick a ball right!

No comments: