Wednesday, May 4, 2011

sister wives

There is a show on TLC called Sister Wives. This show illustrates the life of a polygamist family. The man, Kody is married to four wives and between the four wives has sixteen children. I watched a few episodes of this and found it very interesting. The idea of polygamy seems so foreign to me. When learning about this I could only make connections to distant cultures but this show proved that it is happening right under my nose.

When thinking about these ways, it is often thought in a negative way. Often people imagine this as a greedy man but this show shed it in a positive light. It showed the connection he shared with all the wives and children. In no way would I consider as a lifestyle choice for myself but it did put a new perspective in my head.

No comments: